Workshop Four: Empathy and Acceptance — “From the Heart.”
Empathy is essential for caring, prosocial, and supportive relationships. This emotionally-engaging module equips you to teach parents and caregivers raise more empathic, conscientious, and aware children.
Activities and topics include:
- Defining Empathy — know the key features of this concept.
- Empathy Hall of Fame — identify the benefits of empathy.
- Mastering Empathy — learn the five steps to create empathy.
- Empathy Y — review the key concepts of empathy.
Key learning points include:
- Empathy is essential for healthy relationships and communities.
- Empathy is developed and delivered through five steps: Reading body language, careful listening, recognizing pain, providing a sensitive verbal response, and taking appropriate action.
- With simple actions, empathy will be increased.
Module includes a professional 17-slide presentation and 6-page handout plus quotes to display on the walls.
Each module is a complete two-hour workshop:
- complete script / trainer’s guide
- presentation (in Powerpoint®)
- quotes to post in the room
The presentation, handout, quotes, and invitation, and script (plus introduction and appendix) are provided in the downloadable ZIP file.