Workshop One: Emotional Literacy — “The Power of Feelings.”
Help parents and caregivers increase emotional literacy — the foundation to emotional intelligence. This program, “The Power of Feelings: Parenting with Emotional Intelligence,” will help them communicate with their children, recognize and manage emotions, and increase self-awareness.
Features three effective exercises:
- Music of Feelings — expand emotional literacy
- Self-Awareness Self-Assessment — improve self-awareness
- The Wisdom of Feelings — enhance the understanding of emotions
- And the VIE process for managing feelings
- Plus a bonus exercise: Inside/Outside Feelings — enhance self-awareness
Key learning points include:
- Feelings matter, and naming feelings helps manage them.
- Feelings are everywhere, so teaching children emotional literacy is easy.
- What’s inside counts – and self-awareness is key to effective relationships.
- There is wisdom in feelings and with the VIE technique you can access that insight and energy.
Module includes a professional 13-slide presentation and 6-page handout plus quotes to display on the walls.
Each module is a complete two-hour workshop:
- complete script / trainer’s guide
- presentation (in Powerpoint®)
- quotes to post in the room
The presentation, handout, quotes, and invitation, and script (plus introduction and appendix) are provided in the downloadable ZIP file.