Feeling Face cards provide a unique blend of open interpretation and data. On the face, each card shows a photograph of a person, the photos represent a diverse range of ages and ethnicities. On the reverse, each card shows how survey respondents evaluated the emotions expressed in this photo. This allows users to consider their own view of the face and compare that to how others evaluate it.
There are 36 color, laminated cards approximately the size of a business card.
Feeling Face cards are completely open-ended; use them in a wide range of training, coaching, and learning experiences, such as…
- Sort the cards into categories
- Rank the cards from most to least intensity of emotion
- Identify a feeling you’ve had before and discuss
- Pick a card randomly – discuss how this person might be feeling and why
- Pick three cards – tell a story of how these people interacted to create the feelings shown.
- Select a card that represents a feeling you frequently see in your team – discuss the costs and benefits of that feeling at work
(there are not additional instructions with the cards)